Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Gone Wobbly





A month I wait for Andrew Sullivan to return and put everything so and thusly in that inimitable style of his, and this is what I get? The Aircraft carrier landing is now "the dumbest political gesture of the last two years?" I am plumb positive that wasn't Sully's assessment at the time. Wait, I've checked the archives, and he said it was "a bit hubristic." I stand corrected. I guess one is entitled to one's exaggeration, non sequitor though it be.


On the same token, he's joining the parade of doom-and-gloomers re: Iraq. Behold, the administration is no longer "serious," the shiites and Sunnis are about to explode, et cetera, et cetera, ad infinitum. Exactly what has happened that is going to undo all that we have accomplished so far? I expect this dreck from the New York Times, but not from you, Sully. Either a) a month for you in P-Town is way too long, or b) when headlines blare, you really are just a...journalist.

No comments: