Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Plame: the Mega-MEGO

I gotta tell ya, everytime I even try to figure out what the hell's going on in this case, my brain starts aching. I can't even labor to care about who knew what and who said what to who and when they said it. It's hilarious that the Democrats have made the CIA their victim in their attempt to reconstruct Watergate.

That being said, I hardly think that leaking the identities of intelligence agents to the media is something we should be permitting. But we're getting dangerously close to the press' bread-and-butter here. Is it really the position of the New York Times that public officials who leak information to reporters should be punished? Are they so desperate to get Bush that they'll side with the ghost of Richard Nixon to do it?

But, like everyone else, I'm awaiting events. Got a sneaking suspicion that Libby's the one that gets indicted, though.


UPDATE: I am so Smart! I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!

No comments: