Monday, October 24, 2005

The Little Killers

So far the mystery of who killed one of the lawyers on Saddam's defense team is up for grabs, as far as Ken Frost is concerned. According to him "Hussein opponents, Sunni insurgents or Hussein supporters are all possibilities."

I dunno if I blame the insurgency for this one. If it is them, they're dumber than I even believed possible. You don't kill the defense lawyers of someone you don't want to see tried, you kill the prosecutors, and defy the man to do anything about it. Ask any good Columbian drug lord.

And like a good Columbian drug lord, I suspect Hussein's lawyer may have run afoul of a different kind of insurgent. You can call them the Iraqi Los Pepes, and they may or may not be wacking insurgents on behalf of the Iraqi government. I don't know if I hope these people exist or not (probably not), but if they do, I hope it wasn't them that took out Hussein's lawyer. I hope whoever it was is quickly caught, and quickly punished. He's as big a danger as Zarqawi ever was.

No comments: