Friday, January 16, 2004

HOW DARE HE!





Yesterday, the President of the United States laid a wreath at the grave of a man so admired that his birthday is a national holiday.


Naturally, howls of indignant protest ensued.


"When I heard Bush was coming here I couldn't believe it. I was outraged and disgusted, and I just think it's a photo op. It's so transparent," said one person with too much time on their hands. Outraged. And disgusted. I am fascinated.


Would anyone care to consider ifhe consequences of Bush...oh....NOT going to MLK's grave? Of not speaking about King's legacy? The NAACP's conniptions would be front-page news. But if the head of state leaves his palace and humbly begs time of his widow, that too is a horrific event.


Because he can't possibly be sincere. He's a Republican, you know.

No comments: