Sunday, January 04, 2004

Good Morning, Class





Welcoming one and all back to 2004. I have a sneaking suspicion that it's going to be a good year, and not because it's one of the few years I've started with someone special in my life. I also suspect the following:




1) The economy will improve, and by year's end the market will be slugging along.



2) The war in Iraq will wind slowly down, Iraq will have sovreignity returned, Saddam will be tried and executed.



3) Iran will become the chief focus of our anti-terror campaign. Bad things will start to happen to the mullahcracy.



4) Bush will be re-elected. Despite the furious contempt with which many Democrats hold him, he's not presiding over a disaster in the minds of a majority of voters. I don't expect a popular landslide, but I do expect the electoral college to swing heavily in the president's favor. It won't be 1972 or 1984, but it will lead to James Carville wearing things on his head again. And that's good enough for me.




More to follow...

No comments: