Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Steppping Back





I'm going to try to avoid the warblogging for a little while; much is being said in many places on the subject, and there's not much that hasn't already been said. I'll keep tabs on it every now and again.


I'll also probably lose interest in the gay marriage conundrum. What I predict is going to happen is that the Federal Marriage Amendment won't pass Congress. The states that don't have the political willpower to restrain civil disobedience and activist judges will end up with de facto gay marriage. The states that do, won't. Federalism will allow us to keep having this coversation.


What I'd prefer to do is focus a bit more on some meta-criticism of the processes I see around me: the media, the blogosphere, the music industry and its discontents, that sort of thing. I've been considering for some time exactly what it is I want this blog to be. The war demanded the attention of all of us, but it's easy in such a time to lose sight of other pictures. So much goes on in the world that it's hard to get a clear picture of it. I'm going to work on that.

No comments: