Monday, January 31, 2005

Dropping In

I had Essayist #2 all nice and written up, looked at it, and decided it needed severe editing. My standards are either rising or becoming increasingly divorced from reality.

My worry is that it's getting built up too much, you know, for all eight or nine of you.

Speaking of anti-climatic events, does it not seem as though the Iraqi "insurgency" was about as effective yesterday as it is every other day? Which is to say, more of a bloodthirsty annoyance than a real threat to the state? I was expecting, you know, an orgy of attacks all across Iraq. Instead, there were some suicide bombings in the same places that there are always suicide bombings. About 44 dead, which is sad, but without sounding callous, not a sign of increasing power, which is what guerrillas ought to be aiming for.

When it becomes insurgency vs. the people, the insurgency is (politically) doomed.


UPDATE: I'm grading, So Essayist #2 is sitting there. I'm such a tease.

No comments: