Monday, January 31, 2005

And now back to Social Security...

Here's a lefty chap with a series of arguments against Social Security Reform. I have engaged him in his comments, out of curiosity as much as anything else, to see if his arguments are as cogent as I hope.

Incidentally, I find it funny that he claims that the Right knows all about "framing the issue," when I read the Weekly Standard a few issues ago in the beginnings of panic mode over the Dems opening salvo on Social Security. It seems that the other guy always has the better talk -- waving his big shiny demagoguery coin in front of the voters' eyes, mesmerizing them away from Your Truth.

Remember when our political battle cries were on the order of "Tippecanoe, and Tyler Too?"

Yeah, I don't either.

2 comments:

Charles Thomas said...

Andrew, I responded to your comment. Please read it.

Andrew said...

Thanks for the candid response. I have added mine in the comments underneath it.