Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Down the Rabbit-Hole

I really, seriously did not intend to disappear for three weeks. I actually hoped to finish my music list and then let things slide until about June. There are several reasons:
1) I'm moving out of my appartment to my fiancee's mother's house, and am unsure whether my computer will be able to follow me.
2) I'd like to spend the spring on sabbatical, as it were, tasting and reflecting and playing guitar, rather than trying to make sense of the world that the sons of Adam have made.

I didn't even get that far, because:
1) The school Shakespeare club production of "Twelfth Night" became the Hoover Black Hole of time-sucks.
2) On Monday, February 27th, I was rear-ended by a dope in a Ford Ranger who was gabbing on a cell phone instead of watching the traffic. My poor little black Focus (aka "The Mule") has been totaled, and I've had insurance crapola to fret about, along with the aggravation of buying a new vehicle when I had just paid off the old one.
3) End of 3rd Quarter. Grades and crabby parents.
4) Trying to find a new job after the school year ends. Would you believe that applying to public schools is actually a bureaucratic nightmare? Huh.

So what's happening now?
I have no idea. We shall see, we shall see...Day by day.

No comments: