Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Ill News

Peter Jennings has lung cancer. When I was a boy, my family watched ABC news exclusively, and so saw the news and Jennings told it to us every night. To this day, I can recall the timbre of his voice when he described the trading on wall street as "moderate". To many on my side of the aisle, Jennings is just another head of the MSM hydra, but he was always a dignified, gentlemanly, non-document-forging head. While I find the tone of his group mailing bizarre(switching from a gentle self-chiding as one who alternates from "cranky to really cranky" to a droned statistic about how many millions of Americans are "living with cancer"), I can't think of many who would want to speak ill of him.

Hopefully my compatriots in the blogosphere will not not prove me wrong. In the meantime, best wishes to him and his at this time.

No comments: