Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Thank Goodness





When I walk into any Urban outfitters, I start seeing the cool kids dressing in styles that I find quite visually appealing: classic-cut T-shirts and jeans, denim jackets, the simple, unaffected American look. I've been dressing that way for a few years now, wearing Atari and CBGB T-Shirts before they were massively cool, with floppy hats and old-school sneakers and such. Now everyone is dressing like me (except for the trucker hats. I saw John Deere hats on sale for $18. $18! Are you people stupid? Would you pay $18 for something that you'll be embarrassed to own in five years?).


Same with music. For years I'd been hoping that rock n' roll would stage a comeback, that some band or other would make a great noise and remind folk what it's all about. Now it's happened, and everybody's in on it. I feel so...trendy.


But I am saved. For according to GQ, the goatee is dead. I just grew a good-sized one this summer. Now I have one more reason to keep it. The fashion is not to be baby-faced. I won't be. So there!

No comments: