Wednesday, October 06, 2004

"The time has come," the Walrus said, "To talk of other things...

Or, Thank y'all for coming, God Bless you, good night...



A few months ago I decided to keep this site going, because I had a remaining few hopes for it. Some of those hopes have worked out (readership is mostly up, I've gained a rank in the Ecosystem), but I'm not satisfied with the site regardless, and I'm not satisfied with the amount of work it's taking to maintain. The pressure of daily blogging is conflicting with work, and I'm not even blogging often enough to bring enough readers to justify it. Too much time and not enough satisfaction is the bottom line.


So, I'm done. This will be my last post. I have the embryo of another site in mind, one more suited to my hopes, but I need a few months off to ponder and get some other things done.

This may seem abrupt, but abrupt has virtues, and it's these I hope to make use of. To those that have read me, even when I wasn't throwing anything up, thanks. To those brave few that have linked me, thanks. I'll leave the site up as is, as an archive, and when I start the new site I'm going to link most of the folks that I've linked already.


Have a pleasant and happy day, and I'll see you when I see you.

No comments: