Friday, June 17, 2011

I Always Liked Lamar Alexander...

Niche tax breaks targeted; Senate kills ethanol credit

Alexander was instrumental in bringing this subsidy down. Quoth he:

“At a time when we are borrowing 40 cents out of every dollar that we spend, it is a good time to take a hard look at unwarranted tax breaks, and one appropriate use of those funds is to reduce the deficit,” Alexander said Thursday.
“I am looking at energy tax breaks. I am opposed to permanent subsidies for energy as a general matter. I am in favor of jumpstarting new technologies such as electric cars, helping the next few nuclear plants get off the ground, but I am opposed to, for example, a permanent ethanol subsidy and a permanent subsidy for windmills,” Alexander added.
If it needs a subsidy, then it doesn't work.

No comments: